From Hawaii to Turks and Caicos, JetSetter.com's Kate Maxwell shows off five Valentine's Day getaways that will not only put you in the mood for love, but offer discounts for couples.
If Valentine’s Day is a holiday promoted by Hallmark to sell cards, the hotel industry is also doing its part to lure you into candlelit rooms with packages meant to turn up the heat. Even hotels in the Caribbean — at the height of high-season pricing — are piling up the added value and amorous amenities to compete for your business: Champagne, rose petal-dusted beds, a mixed tape, and even a bathtub full of jelly.
Kate Maxwell, editor-in-chief of Jetsetter.com, was on TODAY this morning with six amazing deals guaranteed to set your Valentine’s Day on fire — without burning a hole in your pocket.
The Place: COURTYARD KAUA’I ON COCONUT BEACH, HAWAII
The Package: “CELEBRATE LOVE”
The Details: Hawaii can be an expensive destination, but Jetsetter managed to find a Valentine’s Day package that says aloha to value and an ocean view. Starting at $199 per night (representing a nearly 60 percent discount) the package includes:
• Accommodations for two in an ocean view room
• Romantic beach picnic at sunset includes dinner for two with wine/champagne pairings
• $50 spa credit to Pua Day Spa for couple’s massage
• Mai-Tais at check-in
• Early check-in and late departure
The Fine Print: Package is valid Feb. 7-21, 2012. Two night minimum required. Each additional night is priced at $99. Click here to book a visit.
The Place: HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO LAS VEGAS
The Package: MÖTLEY CRÜE ROCK RESIDENCY
The Details: If you’re too rock-n-roll for a traditional Valentine’s Day, head to Las Vegas where Mötley Crüe is holding court at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino for two weeks. Guaranteed to “kickstart your heart,” this two-night package priced at $400 includes:
• Two night accommodations
• Two tickets to Mötley Crüe concert at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
• $100 dining credit toward dinner at one of six yummy restaurants, including the new 35 Steaks & Martinis restaurant.
The Fine Print: Package is valid Feb. 14-16. To book, call 800-343-4346 and mention code: MCTODAY. For more information, click here.
The Place: FORTY 1° NORTH, NEWPORT, R.I.
The Package: “DO NOT DISTURB”
The Details: Forty 1° North Hotel offers a one-night package for the couple who prefers to close the door, flip the “Do Not Disturb” sign, and celebrate behind closed doors with Champagne and oysters. The nightly rate of $250 (savings of 40 percent) includes:
• Overnight accommodations in a premium water view guest room
• In-room oysters, John & Kira's chocolate fig collection
• Bottle of Veuve Clicquot
• Jellybath — a unique bath product that turns a simple bath into a healing, full body treatment. Once added to warm water, Jellybath becomes a translucent, fluffy jelly that retains its warmth four times longer than water — a virtual bath blanket.
• Malin+Goetz essentials
• Late checkout
• Custom romantic playlist on the in-room iPods.
The Fine Print: Offer valid Feb. 10th – 15th. To book, click here or call 401-846-8018 and ask for the “Do Not Disturb Package.”
The Place: THE VERANDA RESORT & RESIDENCES, TURKS & CAICOS
The Package: VALENTINE'S SPECIAL
The Details: There’s nothing sexy about having to pull out your credit card for every drink, snack and meal which is why the all-inclusive package from The Veranda Resort & Residence on Turks & Caicos is a great deal. Leave your wallet in the room, because almost everything is included in the price. The three-night Valentine’s Day special costs $2,000 (reflecting a 30 percent discount) and includes:
• Three-night accommodations in garden view one-bedroom suite
• All meals & beverages (including premium alcohol)
• One breakfast in bed
• Bottle of Pink Champagne upon arrival
• Roundtrip airport transfers
• Complimentary WiFi and international telephone calls
The Fine Print: Package available Feb. 11 – Feb. 19, 2012. Price based on double occupancy. To book, click here or call 877-945-5757.
The Place: WYNDHAM RIO MAR BEACH RESORT & SPA, PUERTO RICO
The Package: “PURE ROMANCE”
The Details: Welcome to Puerto Rico, where sandy beaches await and the average temperature in February ranges between 82 and 86 degrees. The Wyndham’s “Pure Romance” package offers a $25 discount on the room, plus over $600 in added value, including an adventure excursion and a romantic dinner for two. The package starts at $1,655 and includes:
• 4 night accommodations
• Champagne and votive candles in room upon arrival
• One afternoon picnic in the oceanfront garden
• Choice of one adventure outing (Bio Bay kayaking tour, catamaran and snorkeling jaunt, ATV rainforest excursion or the zip line experience)
• One dinner for two with a bottle of wine at Palio
• Daily breakfast
• One 20 percent off Mandara Spa services
• Daily romantic turndown service including rose petals
The Fine Print: “Pure Romance” is available for booking through April 8th, 2012. Each additional night (5th, 6th, 7th, etc.) is priced at $239. To book, click here or call 800-474-6627. Promo code: PKGROMA
Do you have any special Valentine's Day plans? Tell us on Facebook.
Jetsetter.com is a travel community that provides members with hand-selected experiences, verified by experts.